top of page

Relevant Organisations

The main organisations you should expect therapists to be registered with when you are looking for a counsellor or psychotherapist.

HCPC - Health Care Professionals Council


This organisation regulates various professions, including all practitioner psychologists, such as Counselling Psychologists, like me. If someone describes themselves as a practitioner psychologist (Counselling, Clinical, Forensic, etc.), they must, by law, appear on the HCPC register as such.

HCPC Website

BPS - British Psychological Society


The organisation that defines psychological professions in the UK, and with which I am a registered member.

BPS Definition of Counselling Psychology

BACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy


The other professional organisation with which I'm registered to work as a therapist, and one of the main bodies that registers and accredits UK counselling and psychotherapy.

About the BACP

UKCP - UK Council for Psychotherapy


The other main registration and accreditation organisation for counselling and psychotherapy.

UKCP Website

BPC - British Psychoanalytic Council


The third of the three main organisation that registers and accredits psychotherapists, in this case, specifically psychoanalytic and psychodynamic psychotherapists.

BPC Website

bottom of page